NOTE: For links to general linguistics associations, visit my General Linguistics and Internet Resources (ChinaLinks4) webpage. For general, online search of international and U.S. national, regional, state, and local associations (but no URL's).
- Chinese Language Teachers Association (中文教師學會). An organization devoted exclusively to the study of Chinese language, culture and pedagogy, CLTA represents instructors of Chinese language, literature, linguistics and culture at all educational levels throughout the world. Annual meetings are held in conjunction with the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL).
- The Chinese Linguistic Society of Japan (日本中国語学会). Founded in 1946 as the "Chuugoku Gogaku Kenkyuu-kai" (The Chinese Language Society of Japan), with current name since 1978, its main activities involve holding annual meetings and publishing a journal (中国語学 Chuugoku Gogaku (Chinese Linguistics)).
- European Association of Chinese Linguistics (欧洲汉语语言学学会). The mission of the Association is to promote European research in Chinese linguistics and to ensure effective coordination between European researchers.
- International Association of Chinese Linguistics (國際中國語言學學會). To advance the scientific study of Chinese languages and linguistics; IACL (ICCL/IACL) annual conferences; other IACL-sponsored and/or supported activities; online membership list; organization initiated by C.T. James Huang, now at Harvard University. The IACL Newsletter is online in PDF format, beginning with the April 2002 (Volume 10, Number 2) issue. The IACL website also has a webpage of information on current and past annual North American Conference on Chinese Linguistics (NACCL). IACL is held jointly with NACCL when it holds its meetings in North America.
- Norh American Conference on Chinese Linguistics (北美漢語語言學會議 / 北美汉语语言学会议). While NACCL is not an organization as such, nonetheless, the annual NACCL conferences have a centralized website for dissemination of information and links to the various host NACCL conferences. With its own dedicated website, NACCL provides information on past and upcoming NACCL conferences as well as NACCL Proceedings Online, where proceedings beginning with those from NACCL-20 (2008) are available online.
- Linguistic Society of Hong Kong (香港語言學學會). For linguists, language teachers and students who share an interest in promoting linguistics and language-related academic activities in Hong Kong; monthly seminars; links to other sites; online membership list; LSHK Publications and Newsletters, which includes bibliographies of theses and dissertations produced in Hong Kong, as well as links to various HK institutions' recent theses and dissertations.
- Linguistic Society of Taiwan (臺灣語言學學會). This linguistics association in Taiwan was inaugurated on 13 May 1998, with Prof. Paul J.K. Li elected as the first President of the Society.
- Academia Sinica's Corpus linguistics links. Part of the Chinese Information Processing Laboratory, Academia Sinica, Taiwan. (Eng/Big5)
- World Chinese Language Association (世界華語文教育學會). Founded in 1972 (with the current name since 1997), the aim of the association is to promote research on the Chinese language, support research on Teaching Chinese as a Second Language (TCSL), and to encourage academic exchange on the Chinese language in the world.
- Other websites:
Institute of History and Philology, Academia Sinica (中央研究院 歷史語言研究所), Taiwan. (Big5)